Are you up to the challenge?
Who does this challenge? A GRLA player who is dedicated to improving his/her stick skills through individual workouts outside of regular team practices and games. This workout can be performed in front of a wall or bounce back.
The goal is for players who want to get better to work out on their spare time, So practices can be used for team play. A challenger understands that great stick skills can only be developed through practice and repetition. A successful wall ball challenger should be able to play with both hands equally.
This upcoming lacrosse season is your chance to bring your own game and stick skills to the next level.
Are you up to the Panther Challenge??
The Panther Wall Ball Routine is below, But first a few pointers:
1) All drills must be performed with both hands.
2) Stand about five yards from the wall.
3) Boys should use their gloves.
4) This routine should take 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
5) Perform this routine 3-4 times per week and your skills will improve within a short period of time.
6) Print the challenge form below and hand in to your coach at the end of the ten weeks.
7) Have fun.
1. 50 throws with both right and left hands, catch and cradle, aim for a spot on the wall.
2. 50 quick-stick throws with each hand, NO cradle.
3. 50 1 hand catch and cradle - Both left and right hands.
4. 50 split dodges - throw/catch right, split dodge to left hand, throw/catch left, split back to right hand
5. 50 cross handed throws.
6. Make up your own drill
** Younger players in grades 3rd-6th should look to perform 20-30 reps of each exercise.
Panthers Wall Ball Challenge